2/24/09

4 My Favorite Bread...so far!

Multi Grain BreadThis is now my most favorite bread! I took my Multigrain recipe and adjusted it. Slightly.

I added more freshly ground white wheat...it's more healthy than white!
1/2 c. cracked wheat....gives it chewiness
1/2 c. 9 grain cereal...you can use 12 grain

Remember to cook your cereal and cracked wheat, otherwise you'll have birdseed bread!

1/4 c. unsalted sunflower seeds....adds a little crunch

I hope you can see the whole grain goodness in this slice!






Look how nice this slices up!










It is nice and soft...see how it just lays on the next slice?


No more pieces of cardboard for me!






mmmmmmm.....there's nothing better than this bread!

Unless it's toasted...ooooooh...


Give it a try and let me know the verdict!

4 comments:

  1. Frieda, your "multigrain recipe" link is broken. And I can't believe it's YOU eating whole or even cracked grains in your bread! I seem to remember you not liking ANYTHING extra in your bread, tee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The link has now been fixed. Thank you for the feedback! Yep, the 'picky eater' in me is growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (cracked wheat?) I just bought a wheat grinder, and want to learn how to make bread. I think that your site is perfect! Should I buy cracked wheat, or just grind my wheat on a corse setting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie, I purchase my cracked wheat, as my wheat grinder does a coarse grind. There is a hand grinder that can crack your wheat (and flatten your oats), but I just buy it in bulk and keep it in the freezer. It gives the bread a nice texture. If you have any questions during your bread making journey, just email me ~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover