9/24/10

6 Chocohotopots ~ You've Got to Try 'Em!

Hot.  Chocolate-ty.  Melt in your mouth.

My very own individual serving of heaven.

so easy and fast to make!  Let me show you...




First, find your favorite semi sweet chocolate.

I used Ghirardelli's Double Chocolate Bittersweet chips.




I found these chips at Sam's Club.

Melt 4 oz. (2/3 cup) of these chips with butter in the microwave, 30 seconds at a time, until melted.



Set aside to cool a bit...



In a separate bowl, combine sugar and eggs,



The recipe calls for superfine sugar, but regular sugar works, too.




and only 3 Tablespoons of all purpose flour.




Add the melted chocolate mixture,


whisk until you get this gooey, dark chocolate batter and pour into buttered 2/3 c. (4 oz.) ramekins or custard baking dishes.



This recipe makes 5 (4oz) servings.



Bake in your oven for 18-20 minutes till you get these light, puffy, dry cracked tops....

Oooooh...I can't wait.

But wait you must.

It will be really hot!  Remember, they're chocohotopots!




This photo says it all ~






Nigella Lawson's Chocohotpots


Bloggers who have made this recipe:
Songberries
Comemo Let's Eat
                                         Tuffet

6 comments:

  1. A great recipe to remember for my next chocolate craving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look fabulous! I'm making them tonight (and maybe next week for company!). :)
    ~nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness these look GREAT! I can't wait to try them next time my chocolate craving hits and I need a quick fix! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frieda, Is this a little like a molten chocolate cake? It looks just wonderful and I love the size. My molten cake is a bigger portion so this would be better on the waistline. Delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christie, I have never had a molten chocolate cake...sorry! If your recipe is lava-like in the center, then it is not the same. This dessert is more like a rich, tender brownie, without being undercooked. Guess you'll have to try it and see~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover