5/18/09

2 Raspberry Lemonade

Raspberry LemonadeThis drink is soooo good.
My husband orders it every time we eat out.

So, thanks to Joy the Baker, I was able to make a tall glass of homemade raspberry lemonade!

Actually, I made several glasses.....



When life gives you lemons, what do you do?

Squirt 'em in the eye?

or

Add a little sweetness?




I cannot wait until we get raspberries from our garden.
We usually eat them right off the bush, make jam or freeze them for smoothies.
Until now.
We're gonna make lemonade.
Correction.
Raspberry lemonade.



The recipe calls for 6 oz. of frozen raspberries.

You can use strawberries, too!


I'm not sure if this is 6 oz, but 1 cup's good.






I dumped them in my food processor.

Turned it on.

And realized that they were still frozen.

Oooops!




I quickly thawed them out in the microwave.




Added 1 T. of sugar.









1 T. of water.







And turned my food processor on, pulsing it until I got this bright red mixture.









This is my latest purchase.

A fine meshed sieve.

Never needed one.

Until now.




I pushed the blended raspberries through the sieve with a spatula.

Kept pushing and mashing.

It wasn't hard.

Make sure you scrape the outside of the sieve,


and you will get this beautiful, smooth seedless raspberry puree.

Seedless.

I love that.

I'm a texture eater. Sorry.





To make the base, I put 1 c. of Splenda in 5 cups of cold water.


You could use granulated sugar, but you would need to dissolve it in 1 c. of water, heated, until the sugar is dissolved.





I got these from Costco.

They are HUGE!

Anything from Costco is supersized....





I used my favorite, under $2 wooden citrus reamer.

I just squeeze all the juice over my fine mesh strainer and it catches all the pulp and seeds.

Pulpless. Seedless.
Good!




Two of these lemons gave me nearly 3/4 c. of juice.

I just need one more.

If you are using smaller lemons, you may need 4-6 lemons to make 1 c. of juice.



Pour the lemon juice into the sugar water and add

2 T. to 1/4 c. of the puree.

Serve chilled, over ice.

Are you thirsty yet?




Raspberry Lemonade
(4x6 printable recipe)     (full page recipe)

2 comments:

  1. Funny - I'm definitely a texture eater too! I think I'm in need of a proper strainer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 19, 2009

    Yum! So do we get to be your taste testers? Oops, that honor already went to your splendiferous husband and youngest son huh?! Worth a shot! ;0)
    (La from Ll's)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover