2/5/09

1 A Blueberry Muffin

Fresh Blueberry Muffin
As I was walking through the grocery store, I saw that fresh blueberries were on sale...$1 per 8 oz. package.

My youngest son LOVES blueberry muffins, and I have to admit...I have NEVER made fresh blueberry muffins. Yep, it's confession time...

I have always used the mix.

You know, the box that has that little can that you have to strain all the blue liquid out. Yep, that was me. Oh, and when you went to stir the blueberries in, it turned the batter a blue color. Not an attractive feature of a blueberry muffin!


I was surprised at how easy these were to make! I thought about making the mini-muffin version, but how could I ever get those large, juicy blueberries inside a teeny tiny muffin tin?

Another thing I did differently is I decided not to use paper muffin liners. I used a stick of butter and buttered those muffin tins completely. And I'm glad that I did! The end result was a crispy buttery crust that held a moist and tender muffin. My son gave it a double thumbs up...as he was busy gobbling them up!

Fresh Blueberry Muffins
(4x6 printable recipe) (full page recipe)


1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's a steal for blueberries. I love blueberry muffins as well and always freeze some if they happen to be cheap.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover